How lon afer verif will schools have verif app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry keyoard won' work. does anyone know answer

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools (like Stanford, Keck, U Michigan , U Pittsburgh and Yale) get them rather quickly through electronic transmission. Other schools who are still not set up properly to receive the full app through electronic transmission, get a summary app (sent out in bunches on Mondays) and later a paper copy (peach colored now?). This is information (aside from the "peach" rumor) that Nancy Tillinghast provided to my lawyer.

Stanford is fast? I was verified last week and they still haven't heard of me. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
When your app is verified, I don't think it is sent out immediately by AMCAS, but once they do, I think the schools that receive them electronically get them really quickly.
I was verified on 10/10, and my status check is changed at USC now. Also, I got an email from Cornell yesterday that my app was complete. Give 'em a couple of business days.

Keck is supposedly capable of receiving apps electronically, but their status page still doesn't show that they have mine. I think all the schools are behind, and someone still has to enter the fact that your verified app was received into their database.

Keck is supposedly capable of receiving apps electronically, but their status page still doesn't show that they have mine. I think all the schools are behind, and someone still has to enter the fact that your verified app was received into their database.

You're right. I called Keck yesterday and they said that even though I had no check mark, they had my complete (and verified, yea!) app. UPenn said the same thing.

Note on Keck - I was going to go over there and raise holy hell because it's been seven weeks since my rec letters were sent in. I get there at 11:30 and there's a big orange sign saying, "We will be closed from 11:30 to 1:30 today". I'm hoping this means they're doing a whole lot of data entry. Or they're out to lunch. We'll see....

Andrew

Just got a new keyboard :) Thanks guys for your posts! I didn't know that Yale was waiting for verified apps!! Can anyone second that? I had called U Penn about 3 weeks ago and they said they were going to go ahead without them.

E'01, there's another thread about which schools are waiting on verified apps. We were just trying to answer your question about how long it takes for the schools to receive a verified app, irrespective of whether the school is waiting on them. :D