Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How long after receiving invitation do I schedule an interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brickmanli, Jan 31, 2002.

1. brickmanli

brickmanli Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi. When I receive an interview invitation, what is the longest time I can wait after receiving my letter before responding (assuming the letter doesn't give a time limit)? As long as it's two weeks before my scheduled interview, it's okay right?

I'm asking this question because I'm still waiting for one school's interview decision. I want to do two schools at the same time so I can save time and airfare.

Am I making a big mistake and does this count against me?

2. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hiya - normally they give you a week or two. I'd call them now. You can always schedule your interview really late (unless they have certain dates when you can interview)

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Schedule it as early as possible! The more times the comittee will review your file, the beter. Try calling the other school you are waiting on and tell them you are travelling to their area, and ask if they will offer you an interview. This has worked for people who are travelling far

4. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

5. brickmanli

brickmanli Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the heads up guys! I'm gonna schedule the interview tomorrow morning, it's been two weeks already.