How long after receiving invitation do I schedule an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brickmanli

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. When I receive an interview invitation, what is the longest time I can wait after receiving my letter before responding (assuming the letter doesn't give a time limit)? As long as it's two weeks before my scheduled interview, it's okay right?

I'm asking this question because I'm still waiting for one school's interview decision. I want to do two schools at the same time so I can save time and airfare.

Am I making a big mistake and does this count against me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hiya - normally they give you a week or two. I'd call them now. You can always schedule your interview really late (unless they have certain dates when you can interview)

Schedule it as early as possible! The more times the comittee will review your file, the beter. Try calling the other school you are waiting on and tell them you are travelling to their area, and ask if they will offer you an interview. This has worked for people who are travelling far

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by brickmanli:
•Hi. When I receive an interview invitation, what is the longest time I can wait after receiving my letter before responding (assuming the letter doesn't give a time limit)? As long as it's two weeks before my scheduled interview, it's okay right?

I'm asking this question because I'm still waiting for one school's interview decision. I want to do two schools at the same time so I can save time and airfare.

Am I making a big mistake and does this count against me?•••

Interviews don't get sent out often I advise you call the school immediately and find out if there is a time limit on their invitation. If there is then just go and get it over with. Did the school you are waiting on tell you they were sending you an interview? Time is awasting, you better get a move on it.

Thanks for the heads up guys! I'm gonna schedule the interview tomorrow morning, it's been two weeks already.