kittywitty

2+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how long after submitting my secondaries should I expect to get IIs? And does anybody know which schools are sending out IIs vs. which ones haven't yet?

Thanks!

mathnerd88

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Depends on the school, and how much they like you. Sometimes, it may be a couple hours or a week, and sometimes it could be a couple of weeks. Other times, it could be months.

Dec 1, 2014
New York, New York
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Depends on the school. Some schools take a few weeks, others months (personal exp)

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
School dependent and stat dependent. Don't be surprised when that guy with a 3.7 and 30 MCAT gets interviews in a week, while you are waiting a month. It's how the system works.

Dec 18, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
School dependent and stat dependent. Don't be surprised when that guy with a 3.7 and 30 MCAT gets interviews in a week, while you are waiting a month. It's how the system works.
Not exactly true. I've been complete for almost two weeks at NYCOM, PCOMs and the LECOMs, and I have a 3.8 and 30. Anyways OP it's out of your hands and there's no use in worrying, although it's only Sept and there's plenty of time left in the cycle.

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
Not exactly true. I've been complete for almost two weeks at NYCOM, PCOMs and the LECOMs, and I have a 3.8 and 30. Anyways OP it's out of your hands and there's no use in worrying, although it's only Sept and there's plenty of time left in the cycle.
The point I am making is that the more competitive applicant will get the IIs first. You can look at some of the threads and see people only waiting 1-2 weeks for IIs and having stats above the norm. Again, it is school dependent, some school are more selective or have a mission and this also affects who is picked. I didn't get an II until 2-3 months last cycle (I had a non-competitive application), and I saw people with competitive applications get IIs far before me (between 2 weeks to a month).

Reactions: Giovanotto

shisong

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2014
Status
Medical Student
agree with everyone. i was fortunate enough to get ii from nyit within 1 week of completion. keep yourself busy until haha. gl op

Reactions: IslandStyle808