How long after step 1, does one need to take step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phase12007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am currently studying for step 1, and hopefully taking my exam Nov/Dec....
I would like to take step 2 as soon as I can after taking step 1, How long do you think is required for preparation for step 2 ck, having step 1 freshly in my mind?

I would greatly appreciate to hear the opinion of forum members, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am currently studying for step 1, and hopefully taking my exam Nov/Dec....
I would like to take step 2 as soon as I can after taking step 1, How long do you think is required for preparation for step 2 ck, having step 1 freshly in my mind?

I would greatly appreciate to hear the opinion of forum members, thank you.

Step 2 covers topics covered by your clinical rotations as well as basic science years. Meaning if you haven't had peds, OB, surgery, psych, the fact that you have Step 1 material freshly in mind is only going to get you part of the way there. If you have already completed your clinical rotations, then disregard my prior sentences.

Step 2 covers topics covered by your clinical rotations as well as basic science years. Meaning if you haven't had peds, OB, surgery, psych, the fact that you have Step 1 material freshly in mind is only going to get you part of the way there. If you have already completed your clinical rotations, then disregard my prior sentences.

Thank you for ur response law2doc, yes I have graduated already. Do you think 2 months is sufficient? Thank ou so much for ur reply