How long after submitting amcas...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yoyomama88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do schools see your app? I have already completed everything transcript, LOR...besides my PS which i am working on now...Also I have another question, I took the MCAT again, but I did well the first time...if I submit my amcas in now...is there a good chance, the schools wont see my second mcat score? I dont want them to see it, if i screw up.

Members don't see this ad.

they say it takes about 4-6wks to get 'verified', it's been 2wks and nothing for me :(. some schools will send you secondaries (automatic) a couple days after though.

it's great that you have your LORs and can send in you secondaries right away. my LOR writers are taking foreeeever.

do schools see your app? I have already completed everything transcript, LOR...besides my PS which i am working on now...Also I have another question, I took the MCAT again, but I did well the first time...if I submit my amcas in now...is there a good chance, the schools wont see my second mcat score? I dont want them to see it, if i screw up.
I'm confused by your description of your situation. What do you mean by "completed everything transcript, LOR"? Is your transcript listed as "received" on the AMCAS site? It's good if you have LORs ready, but I hope you know that LORs go out with secondaries, not with the AMCAS.

I am not sure about the MCAT situation, but I am wondering why you retook the MCAT if you did well the first time. Oh well, I suppose past is past.

Members don't see this ad :)
i took them again because i wasnt sure how i didnt hte first time and figured that i would just keep studying for a month and definitely do better the second time...yes my transcripts were recieved by amcas, and i already have my LORs that are ready to be sent out with secondaries...so will it still take 4-6 weeks to get verified once i submit my amcas application?

Ah, I see. Good work on getting the LORs ready.

I think it will take around 4 weeks for verification (see the verification thread). They can't start verifying until BOTH your AMCAS is submitted and your transcript is received. From this point, it's about 4 weeks.

I believe schools will see both your scores, since they are automatically attached to your application. Sure hope you did well the second time. You must indicate each time you took it, and they'll wait for your scores before sending the completed application to schools (as I understand it).

Schools will get your contact info as soon as you hit 'submit', though. That's how some people get secondaries right away. Others will wait til after you're verified and they get your completed application.