How long before amcas notification after transcript sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exmike

NOR * CAL
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my transcript mailed out a week a half ago (next day air) but it still says "not received" on AMCAS. Is this normal? Should I resend the transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

you go to berkeley right? i had mine sent out on June 12th via next day air also...and they have not received it yet

Yeah i go to cal. I faxed the request the day they were available, and bearfacts said they processed it the next day. hopefully its b/c amcas is getting deluged with transcripts right now

Don't worry, this is very normal. My transcript was sent out June 4, but AMCAS didn't receive it until June 17. Apparently, it takes 7-10 days for mail to get there (regular; next day is, of course, next day) but it takes AMCAS up to 10 days to process the transcript and indicate that on your status page. So, it may take up to 20 days after your transcript is sent out that it will be marked as "received." Also, it takes 4-6 weeks for the application to be verified, so your application won't actually get to the medical schools until a month or so from now.