How long can I wait to take NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeckhamsTears

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with PharmD in June 2007 - took a job outside of traditional pharmacy that doesn't require a license and haven't yet taken the time to take the NAPLEX or anything.

Does anyone know how long I can wait to take the NAPLEX without having to do some remedial stuff? (Also - is it state specific?)

I am considering taking it soon (after I study), but I'm wondering if I'm running out of time soon. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

OK - it was suggested to me by a friend that unless NABP changes their criteria - that the degree is sufficient to sit for the test.

However - what my main concern should be is practice hours - in that all of my intern hours will expire and I'll have to reaccrue them to get licensed.

Can anyone verify this?
Any idea how long my hours are good for?

:eyebrow:

OK - it was suggested to me by a friend that unless NABP changes their criteria - that the degree is sufficient to sit for the test.

However - what my main concern should be is practice hours - in that all of my intern hours will expire and I'll have to reaccrue them to get licensed.

Can anyone verify this?
Any idea how long my hours are good for?

:eyebrow:

I believe all you need is a degree plus the state specific requirements to sit....the board actually gives you the permission to sit, not the NABP. Once you pay for the naplex through the nabp...you have 1 year to take the exam before you must pay again. Different states have different laws on what constitutes out of practice. They may consider you out of practice and may require so many intern hours and so many CE hours before you can practice.