how long did it take for you to get a transcript received ¨email from AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alesdu1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to be completely paranoid, but....

I gave my registrar my transcript request form a week ago. How long does it usually take for your AMCAS page to indicate that your transcript has been received?

How long do you think I should wait before printing out a new transcript request form and having it resent?

Members don't see this ad.

where do you print off the transcript forms for AMCAS? I am from texas so all they teach us is the TMDSAS system....

it can take 2-3 weeks for them to notify you of receiving a transcript.

3dee, there's a button on the right side of the AMCAS app that says Print Transcript Request Form

Members don't see this ad :)
Requested both of mine on May 21st, one in person on my campus and one 2nd day mailed request to a past school. The in-person requested transcript was received by AMCAS on 5/24 and I was notified of this by email on 5/29. The mail requested transcript was received by AMCAS on 5/30 and I was notified by email today.

Point of clarification:

When you say that it was received one day, but you were notified by email another, you mean that on your AMCAS homepage ¨Details¨section, you saw that it was received, and then a few days later you received an email from them?

Requested both of mine on May 21st, one in person on my campus and one 2nd day mailed request to a past school. The in-person requested transcript was received by AMCAS on 5/24 and I was notified of this by email on 5/29. The mail requested transcript was received by AMCAS on 5/30 and I was notified by email today.

Point of clarification:

When you say that it was received one day, but you were notified by email another, you mean that on your AMCAS homepage ¨Details¨section, you saw that it was received, and then a few days later you received an email from them?

Nope, it didn't show up on my AMCAS Details section until the day I received the email.

I guess the downtime is due to them sitting down and cross-checking classes between app and transcript.

So how did you know it was received? Sorry, lol Im just not getting it

Nope, it didn't show up on my AMCAS Details section until the day I received the email.

So how did you know it was received? Sorry, lol Im just not getting it

An email was sent to the email account I linked with my AMCAS account. Also I'm sort of neurotic so I noticed it was noted as "Received" in my Details today before I actually checked my email.:D:thumbup:

ah got it. thanks

An email was sent to the email account I linked with my AMCAS account. Also I'm sort of neurotic so I noticed it was noted as "Received" in my Details today before I actually checked my email.:D:thumbup:

I requested transcripts be sent from both my schools on May 21st. The first was received May 30th and I was notified via email today. The second has been mailed according to the school but I have yet to be informed by AMCAS that they have received it.

I also called today because I'm in London and being 5 hours ahead hasn't kicked in yet so I get paranoid. They said they are pretty backed up with transcript receipts so people are just getting notified for stuff received a week ago.

could we send our transcripts before we actually submit the AMCAS application ? Would they consider it when we later submit the actual application or would they ask for it again ?

Thanks

could we send our transcripts before we actually submit the AMCAS application ? Would they consider it when we later submit the actual application or would they ask for it again ?

Thanks

You can send transcripts before June 5, but you cannot submit ACMAS until June 5. As soon as you click submit, your application becomes locked/permanent and then your transcript will verified in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks

yeah send them asap.. good to have them in first so they go straight ahead and verify