How long did it take for YOU to memorize your amcas ID#?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marq_bme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
about 4 days....damn im obsessive with apps

Members don't see this ad.

I refuse to memorize mine. I keep copying and pasting it to wherever I need it.

(hmm...now that I think about it, I nearly do have it memorized...damn AMCAS!)

Members don't see this ad :)
a few days after apps started coming in!!

lol....i was just commenting on that this morning. fortunately, mine is pretty easy to remember. :laugh:

immediately memorised it

watch out gross anatomy

w3rd

I can't UN-memorize mine, and I have absolutely no use for it anymore. Watch out - AMCAS messes with you head. :eek:

I'm right there with you, Jess! In fact, sometimes, I can still log on to the USC website and subconsciously type in my AMCAS ID to see my status from last year! :laugh:

That's one number I will never forget!

so funny so funny!

i had a little debacle with memorizing the WRONG ID number. Boy did that suck a lot. Had to call all of the darn schools and fix my error. good thing i realized it now! :) :)

now i have the right one memorized, one day after figuring out the real one :)

Dudes/dudettes....I still remember mine! It's 11XXXXXX. I hadn't even thought about it in forever...:eek:

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
immediately memorised it

watch out gross anatomy

w3rd

foe real.
it's a part of my identity now, just like my social security number.

Unfortunately I had it memorized fairly quickly because I had to enter it on MSU's status check page. I still remember the darn thing.

AMCAS +pissed+

Mossjoh

haven't done it....and probably won't do it

hah- i have to log into amcas everytime i need it - i suppose memorizing it woudl be easier ... but i doubt that is goign to happen- who needs another useless string of numbers? just think of how many you already have destroying old memories of your childhood - amcas # could take out all knowledge of your favorite kickball or something ;)
-jot

It took me like 2 weeks of cutting/pasting before i finally just memorized it. i used the following convention: 12-345-678 to remember it. just realized i could have also used the ssn format of 123-45-6789, or a telophone number 1-234-5678 (pretend it's like u're dialing #9 to reach an outside number).

i had it down cold by the time the 2nd online secondary came in...got tired of cutting and pasting. now i've made it a little song. i really need a vacation.

i logged in to the UCSF status page around 400 times in the first 10 minutes after submitting AMCAS "just to see"....that pretty much burnt it into my memory

unfortunately i recently realized i have the dumb thing memorized. yuck! but hey, it's easier than logging onto amcas everytime to copy and paste it.