how long did it take pharmcas to verify application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guest_745

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering how long it has taken everyone to have their pharmcas application verified and completed? I'm thinking it shouldn't take to long since this is the beginning of the application cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering how long it has taken everyone to have their pharmcas application verified and completed? I'm thinking it shouldn't take to long since this is the beginning of the application cycle.

The verification process for my application did not take long at all. Once all of my transcripts were received, it only took 2 days for verification.

Reactions: 1 user
The verification process for my application did not take long at all. Once all of my transcripts were received, it only took 2 days for verification.
That is awesome! I was kind of worried it would take the five weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
It really can take up to five weeks, call them and ask to make sure.

Call them or email them, that usually speeds it up a lil bit. But since its so early, it shouldn't really take over 2 weeks. It usually takes 5 weeks after November when lots of people are applying at once.

Thank you for the input! That's what I was thinking too. Surely it wouldn't take over two weeks when it is this early, but everything can be so unpredictable.

Submitted PharmCAS application on 8/21. Still nothing....

Does anyone know if the schools can view our application after we e-submit or does it have to be verified first?

For some reason, someone told me that they received an interview before their app was verified.

But i submitted my app on 8/20 & they receive my transcript on the 27th. Still waiting of course.

Last edited:
Actually pharmcas verified my application in about 3-4 days, I was surprised how fast they verified it. Then again, this was back in early Aug. They're probably inundated with applications at this time!

I called pharmcas this morning. They said it would be about 3 weeks for me. I submitted 9/1.

Hey everyone just called and pharmcas said that they are verifying applications submitted on 8/19 right now so it should be sometime next week that we Are all verified!!

I called pharmcas this morning. They said it would be about 3 weeks for me. I submitted 9/1.
Yeeee! I submitted on 8/31 and they told me about four weeks on Tuesday, so it's great hearing three weeks now!!

Last edited:
Yeeee! I submitted on 8/31 and they told me about four weeks on Tuesday, so it's great hearing three weeks now!!

I'm hoping that it's closer to 3 weeks, but I've also heard that each pharmcas rep can tell us a different length of time. I might call again on Tuesday just to double check. Lol. I really don't like this waiting period!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping that it's closer to 3 weeks, but I've also heard that each pharmcas rep can tell us a different length of time. I might call again on Monday just to double check. Lol. I really don't like this waiting period!
Ugh me either! I don't know how legit the estimate that the pharmcas rep gave me was because she didn't even pull up my profile or anything, so who knows.

If you submit your app before early decision deadline but it gets verified after the deadline, does it still count as early decision or does it go into regular admissions

If you submit your app before early decision deadline but it gets verified after the deadline, does it still count as early decision or does it go into regular admissions

If you have all required materials (transcripts, LORs, PCAT, etc.) turned-in before the deadline, and you indicated your application is for Early Decision consideration, then your application will be considered for Early Decision (even if your transcripts are not verified until a few weeks later).

If you have all required materials (transcripts, LORs, PCAT, etc.) turned-in before the deadline, and you indicated your application is for Early Decision consideration, then your application will be considered for Early Decision (even if your transcripts are not verified until a few weeks later).
I thought it was everything except LORs. I think I read something about Pharmcas sending your application even if the LORs havent been received. And then when they get the LOR they forward that to the school also. Cause I'm still waiting on my prof to write the LOR and he prob wont finish until after the early decision deadline.

I thought it was everything except LORs. I think I read something about Pharmcas sending your application even if the LORs havent been received. And then when they get the LOR they forward that to the school also. Cause I'm still waiting on my prof to write the LOR and he prob wont finish until after the early decision deadline.

"Q: Are there deadlines for letters of reference?

A: Applicants must arrange for PharmCAS to RECEIVE all references by the application deadline date set by their designated pharmacy degree programs. PharmCAS does NOT enforce reference deadlines. ELORs will be reproduced and forwarded to each of the applicant’s designated pharmacy degree programs."

You're right, they will still forward it to the school you're applying to. A lot of schools won't accept completed references that are received after the deadline though, so make sure that you double check the policy for the school you're applying to.

I have sent my official transcript a week or so ago and still it says Not Received. The deadline for mine is today is it possible that Pharmcas just has not entered it into the system because of overload of data they are receiving?