How long did it take to get your license?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skateguitar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my application about 3 weeks ago to the California Dental Board and have not hear anything.
I double and triple checked, everything was in order. Now I am just waiting. How long did you wait for?

Members don't see this ad.

Took 6 weeks to get mine for Texas as a graduate from a California Dental school.

Use this site and enter your info, or as much as you can. You can sometimes see if you are licensed yet when you haven't received it in mail yet.

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=DDS&p_qte_pgm_code=3610

I did the same for Texas and I found out about 10 days before it was sent out that I was good to go and could apply for other things with my license number that you will get when you have it.

Please let your state dental society know how long it takes you to get your license!!!

The ADA is currently trying to gather as much current data on this topic as possible, for use hopefully in some reform on a national level about licensing, and in particular the portability of a license across the country. The ADA House of Delegates will be having a resolution brought before it for debate when it meets in Washington DC at it's annual meeting in about 2 weeks.

The resolution pertaining to this, originated as a collaboration between the ASDA Chapter at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine and the Faculty Senate at UCONN, before being passed by the Connecticut State Dental Association House of Delegates this past May, and just last weekend passed by the ADA District 1 (New England States) Caucus at our meeting prior to the ADA national meeting. Students from both UCONN and Harvard were in attendance at the District 1 Caucus Meeting last weekend and helped move this resolution to the national stage that it will be getting in DC

Reactions: 1 user