How long did it take you to complete your prereq's? or how long will it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mana20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, Just wondering how long its going to take everyone to finish there prereq's or if your done already how long it did take you(and was it the amount of time you where planning on?) should be intresting to see the difference in everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, Just wondering how long its going to take everyone to finish there prereq's or if your done already how long it did take you(and was it the amount of time you where planning on?) should be intresting to see the difference in everyone.

2 years and one summer :scared:

It took me 3 1/2 years. I took my time. At the most, I took between 12-13 hours each semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
what prerequisites are we talking? if its 2 courses of bio, 4 of chem, 1 of calculus and 2 of physics, then that is about 45 units and I was able to take 3 science with labs (5 semester units each) in one semester so I finished in 3 semesters, which is one year and a half. But I don't suggest taking more than 2 sciences because I ended up getting a lot of C's and that's not too good!

I had to go thru surgery so I ended up with three C's in one semester.

well atleast you made the best of your situation.

it will take 2 1/2 to 3 years for me.

It took me 2.5 weeks to complete the requirements, but I learn really fast, :D

Well I guess I am a little slow...I actually started out with at a different major and then I transferred schools and lost a lot of credits. And on top of all of that I recently decided to get my B.S. first so...adding it all up it will take me a total of close to 9 semesters but I will have a B.S.

It took me 2 years. With my lack of attention span, personal drive, and joy of school, I am flabbergasted as to how exactly that happened.

Hopefully 2 years, plus one summer semester.

all 4 of my undergrad and a few summers.

It took me 2 years. With my lack of attention span, personal drive, and joy of school, I am flabbergasted as to how exactly that happened.

So are we... so are we... hahah

I think it took 5 semesters - fall, spring, summer, fall, spring. That was including the 4 bios, 3 chems (who wants to take Org II), 2 Calcs, 2 Physics - and a boat load of ****ty extra courses like intro to psych, US Gov, and both ecos along with 15 hours of humanities. It could definitely be slimmed down if you only take the good stuff.