How long did it take you to complete your prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the schools you applied or applying to?
it is going to take me 6 regular semesters and 3 summer semesters. (about 3 years).
I am applying to about 10 schools.

what about you?

Members don't see this ad.

I think its gonna take me about 3 years with 1 summer semester, one semester didnt include any pharmacy pre-requisites though

Members don't see this ad :)
It should take me May 2010 through May 2011 to finish the chemistries and physics classes. I've got all the bio done. Since calculus I is required of pharmacy school these days ( wasn't when I was in undergrad) I'll have to take that too, and likely that'd be next summer (2011). I hate math too. I really don't want to take it. :( I'm putting it off until last. I figure if I find out I'm not getting accepted to pharm school the first time I apply then I've got a whole year to procrastinate before I reapply and have to take it.

2 years (fall, spring, no summer semesters). I had AP's. Didn't get in the first time, so finished my degree (another 2 years).

2 AP credits, 3 years of college, 1 summer course.

I figure if I find out I'm not getting accepted to pharm school the first time I apply then I've got a whole year to procrastinate before I reapply and have to take it.

That's sorta my plan to for the pre-reqs I have left. I don't plan on taking them unless I'm accepted. :laugh: Hopefully there won't be enrollment issues. :luck:

I'm starting this fall and it will take me 3 years (6 semesters) to finish them all.

It should take me May 2010 through May 2011 to finish the chemistries and physics classes. I've got all the bio done. Since calculus I is required of pharmacy school these days ( wasn't when I was in undergrad) I'll have to take that too, and likely that'd be next summer (2011). I hate math too. I really don't want to take it. :( I'm putting it off until last. I figure if I find out I'm not getting accepted to pharm school the first time I apply then I've got a whole year to procrastinate before I reapply and have to take it.

Don't you need to take calculus before or while you finish your physics (presumably calculus based)?

Don't you need to take calculus before or while you finish your physics (presumably calculus based)?

I laughed. Seriously. I am definitely not taking calculus based physics. I don't even know what calculus is other than being a math class let alone am I not taking a class where I'd ever have to use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the schools you applied or applying to?
it is going to take me 6 regular semesters and 3 summer semesters. (about 3 years).
I am applying to about 10 schools.

what about you?

It took me 3 years because I didn't start chem until my sophomore year. I was going to apply in my junior year, but I just decided to get a degree before applying to enhance my application.

It took me 3 years because I didn't start chem until my sophomore year. I was going to apply in my junior year, but I just decided to get a degree before applying to enhance my application.

same thing happened to me....

Well I am just finishing my first year at a CC but so far I have completed:

Spring'09:
Algebra I
BUS 100 (Intro)
CIS 111 (Excel,Access,HTML)
ENG 099 (Fund of Composition)

Summer'09:
Algebra II

Fall'09:
Chem 130 (Prep to Gchem)
Trigonometry
ENG 100 (Freshmen Composition)
PHIL 100 (Intro)
PSYCH 100 (Intro)

Spring'10 (Finishing this week):
Gchem I
Precalculus
Gbio I
ENG 101 (Crit Analysis of Literature)

Summer'10 (Enrolled):
Pharmacology
Microeconomics

Fall'10 (Planned):
Gchem II
Gbio II
Anatomy
Calculus I

not all are prereqs obviously but from now on they will be! Also I am taking my PTCE next month.

I had calc 1 in 92... and just finished my last pre-req a few days ago...

2 1/2 years (normal semesters) + 2 summer semesters after returning to school to finish a BS and all pharmacy pre-reqs.

I laughed. Seriously. I am definitely not taking calculus based physics. I don't even know what calculus is other than being a math class let alone am I not taking a class where I'd ever have to use it.

It's probably different at each school but I never actually had to use calculus while taking "calc based" physics. I'm guessing it it was just the background they wanted you to have because the profs went over how to derive the equations using calculus (which we never actually had to do, they just showed us where the equation came from). I took calc and that physics at the same time, didn't matter.

responding to the original question: it took me 4 semesters

2 years, no summer, no degree. AP credit is a wonderful thing :D

I knew I wanted to obtain my bachelors before starting pharmacy school, so I spread it out over four years