How long did it take you to finish studying bio ALONE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletKnight24

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a bio major and the only bio related classes that I have taken so far are BIO I and II (almost 2 years ago) and intro biochem and mol.bio, and cellbio&neuroscience(this past semester)..

I just started studying bio today and finished all of my gen bio I notes in 2 days. I am going to start to look over the Cliff and plan on finishing that this week.

How long did it take you guys to study for bio?

I only have approx. 2 months left and still have PAT, math, and reading on top of this to study for.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a bio major and the only bio related classes that I have taken so far are BIO I and II (almost 2 years ago) and intro biochem and mol.bio, and cellbio&neuroscience(this past semester)..

I just started studying bio today and finished all of my gen bio I notes in 2 days. I am going to start to look over the Cliff and plan on finishing that this week.

How long did it take you guys to study for bio?

I only have approx. 2 months left and still have PAT, math, and reading on top of this to study for.

thanks.

I devoted 10 days to read/take notes/study Cliffs and KBB about 3 weeks before my exam. Then I intermittently studied leading up the exam while taking practice tests.

I only had bio I and II
I had to study plants, physiology, taxonomy..... everything except genetics and cell bio by myself

it took me one day for 2~3 chapters to study/take notes. but to memorize everything? that's another questions...

Members don't see this ad :)
I only had bio I and II
I had to study plants, physiology, taxonomy..... everything except genetics and cell bio by myself

it took me one day for 2~3 chapters to study/take notes. but to memorize everything? that's another questions...

LOL thats exactly why I am starting this now. How did you do on the dat with just having bio I and II

This is better in the DAT forum but to answer your question, never.

Biology is so broad that you really can't ever finish.

they can ask you basic broad questions or go for minute details that is buried in a tiny blurb somewhere in Campbells biology.

Unless you're very good at PAT, you really should work in an hour or so or more.

PAT is just practice, practice, practice.

Math is very similar. If you've been away from math its good to get in practice to get your speed up.

Reading is meh. I don't see how people truly practice for it.

I see no mention of Chem/Ochem.

This is better in the DAT forum but to answer your question, never.

Biology is so broad that you really can't ever finish.

they can ask you basic broad questions or go for minute details that is buried in a tiny blurb somewhere in Campbells biology.

Unless you're very good at PAT, you really should work in an hour or so or more.

PAT is just practice, practice, practice.

Math is very similar. If you've been away from math its good to get in practice to get your speed up.

Reading is meh. I don't see how people truly practice for it.

I see no mention of Chem/Ochem.

I have finished studying gen chem and ochem and but I review my notes every other day for both. I have also done destroyer and chad's for those two.

I have bought the CDP royal flush but I have only done the practice mode for hole punching, cube counting, and angle ranking. I haven't done any of the 10 tests because I am saving them 2-3 weeks before my actual test. Do you think I should actually start PAT now? I feel like this section is the fastest to improve so I am waiting just a few weeks before the actual test.

So for bio, is it safe if I just study the entire ap cliff biology book and KBB? maybe a bit of campbell as well?

thanks.