How long did it take you to review your practice exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you schedule your practice exams? I have 7 weeks. I want to take at least 14. How many did you do? I taking mostly the old format.

Members don't see this ad.

1/2day to a full day depending on the exam and how far along I was in my preparation. The first few took a whole day, then it got better and better until I was only taking about 6hrs to review and catalog each one.

Members don't see this ad :)
1/2day to a full day depending on the exam and how far along I was in my preparation. The first few took a whole day, then it got better and better until I was only taking about 6hrs to review and catalog each one.

You said you posted a schedule of when you took your exam. It that right, then can you pm me.

Here's an example of a study schedule. The scores corresponding to the colors in the excel file do NOT correspond to my own practice test improvement. They are there to motivate you! :) The tests that are listed there, however, are the tests that I took, and the order that I took them.

Also, I took my Diag about 3 months in advance and then started doing practice tests about 2 months before my exam. So I did that CBT 3 about 55 days before my exam (or so). GL!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=474339

Here's an example of a study schedule. The scores corresponding to the colors in the excel file do NOT correspond to my own practice test improvement. They are there to motivate you! :) The tests that are listed there, however, are the tests that I took, and the order that I took them.

Also, I took my Diag about 3 months in advance and then started doing practice tests about 2 months before my exam. So I did that CBT 3 about 55 days before my exam (or so). GL!

Was your diag AFTER content review or you took a diag practice test BEFORE you did any content review?

Did you retake your exams?

How did you keep record of the question you got wrong? Can you give me an example?

Did you do many practice problems or focused more on practice tests?

I have not done many practice problems, but I want to focus on taking as many practice exams. Should I still do practice problems? I have 7 weeks.

Was your diag AFTER content review or you took a diag practice test BEFORE you did any content review?

Before content review: 8PS, 12VR, 8BS. It was a Kaplan exam though, not 3R. I did 3R after about 1-1.5 months of solid, hard content review. I think I scored a 34 on 3R.

After covering all the material, and when I was takign practice tests, I would spend a day taking a test under strict timing conditions. Then I would take a break and review ALL my kaplan notecards and the plastic formula sheets they gave us.

Then the next day I'd go through each and every question of the entire practice test after grading it first. The questions I got wrong, I'd mark them. And then I'd read the right way to do all the questions.

The following day, I'd review the material that pertained to each question I got wrong...as indepth a review as possible. So it'd take me 3 days to cover each practice exam as thoroughly as I possibly could.

The week before my actual MCAT, i was scoring 11's and 12's on PS, 10's and 11's on the BS, and straight 10's on the VR.