How long did you prepare for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

• Total voters

R.L.H

LoVe mY liFE
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

1.5-2 months. 4-6hours a day.

i studied a few hours every night for about a month (while holding down a fulltime research job)

these poll options are pretty silly. if you honestly can't prepare for the dat in under 3 months, you really shouldn't be applying to dental school because you are going to drown your first year

the DAT is not hard

Members don't see this ad :)
But then, if you think about it, taking biology in high school sort of count as studying for DAT. However, if you are refering to taking out a DAT book and looking thorugh that, then I would say... the summer.

At the age of six I began studying all the material available in my parents bookshelf. I probably studied 12 hours a day, every day. 18 years later I am starting to feel confident that I can pull 20's in every section. I recommend that if you are serious about the DAT, start studying AT LEAST 6 or 7 years in advance. This is a serious test for serious people.

aphistis said:
My parents started me at the local DAT prep nursery school when I was 3.

Did you play that awesome game where you put the circle in the circle hole and the square in the square hole for the keyholes. :laugh:

mochafreak said:
Did you play that awesome game where you put the circle in the circle hole and the square in the square hole for the keyholes. :laugh:

lol. yeah. I did!!!