How long did you spend going over your full length tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtepper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just starting to take 1 Full length per week for the next 6 weeks. I'm trying to figure out how much time I should put in to going over the test... I'm not doing so hot... 25 on my last one. I keep freezing on verbal cuz I keep thinking I'm wasting time. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out a standard method for going over my full lengths that is effective and time efficient.. any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

just went over mine today. Went through every question and if there were things I didn't know I wrote them down to go back to this week. There were some recurring concepts so I'm going to go over those sections more in depth. I think 2 hours to figure out what you need to learn/look over errors for those you got wrong (how long this take depends how many you got wrong). After that as long as it takes to learn the things you dont know.

With verbal I found it helpful to go over every question since the explanations give you a little insight into how they structure the questions. I think I spent maybe 20-30 minutes a test but I was getting 33-36.

I went over every question, even the ones i got right. it's important to know that you got a question right for the correct reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
i did my first physics/chem section today and i plan to do verbal tomorrow and go over both tomorrow. i think once you've scored the test you can do it over, one passage at a time, and at the end of each passage look at the explanations(and possibly go back to ur notes if u fail the topic). so in case of verbal u can take 10-15mins/passage to do it over and another 10-15 to look at the explanations.

but also i certainly do not see myself doing 1test/wk right now. i still havent done ochem and havent even started biology. so i thought i would finish all the studying by the end of april if lucky. and then hopefully do 2 full tests/wk for 2-3wks?

at least the amount of time it took to take the exam is how long it takes me to review it.
I reread the passage and look at what I answered wrong or right and the explanations even if I got the question right.
Seems a bit much...
25 is not too bad for a start if you learn your weakness and mistakes.
WHen is your exam?

at least the amount of time it took to take the exam is how long it takes me to review it.
I reread the passage and look at what I answered wrong or right and the explanations even if I got the question right.
Seems a bit much...
25 is not too bad for a start if you learn your weakness and mistakes.
WHen is your exam?

:eek::eek: 5 hours for reviewing? Damn.

I am just starting to take 1 Full length per week for the next 6 weeks. I'm trying to figure out how much time I should put in to going over the test... I'm not doing so hot... 25 on my last one. I keep freezing on verbal cuz I keep thinking I'm wasting time. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out a standard method for going over my full lengths that is effective and time efficient.. any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks...

3 days

I do all the topical tests thats given to me by Kaplan. And when I review them, it usually takes some time, I guess an hour or so, to take notes, ask myself why the answer is that, and write down specific information down that the question was asking that I wasn't really sure about. I havent started on the full lengths yet, but soon after Im done doing my full review. A topical test is usually 15-17 questions a pop. Usually 2 passages with a bunch of discretes at the end.