How long did you study for the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia1177

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

How long did you study for the MCAT exam? And also, when did you finish your prereqs? I was thinking to finish Physics I over the summer after sophomore year and take Physics II fall semester of jr year, that way I can take the January MCAT. This way I have all of fall semester to study plus 2 free months (the Physics Course is like one month and 10 days) to devote to the MCAT. Also my classes would be slightly easier fall semester so for me, Im sure its doable. What do you guys think of this idea? Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I studied light for 2 days (~3 hours/day) and studied seriously for 3 or 4 days (~5 hours/day) when I took the 2008 MCAT, so I'm definitely not an expert. But, your plans look good. Just make sure you do have a light fall semester so you can keep up with your classes while studying for the MCAT. Plus, you'll have the winter break to get serious. Are you planning to take a prep course or anything?

I am going to start my studying and see if I really need the prep course. If I do, I will take it in the fall. thanks for your advice and congrats on your acceptances! you must be really smart, you only studied 5 days!