How long did your 3rd pass take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bowlofmushypeas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious for those who managed 3 passes before the real thing, how long did the last one take you? I've taken slightly over 2 weeks to finish the 2nd pass leaving me only about 4 days for the final run through (not counting the actual day before the test since I *hope* to do light studying that day).

I was initially planning on more but I just ran out of time I guess. It's stressing me out because I think it's tough to predict how long I'll need to spend refreshing my memory on stuff and was hoping to find out how quickly 3rd passes take most people compared to 2nd.

Members don't see this ad.

For me it was 4. Just because I remembered most of the stuff by this pass. The fourth pass I am planning on doing in 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did my third pass with Jenkins - and finished it up mid last week. I take the test on Monday - so we'll see how that strategy pans out. But I definitely saw a huge score increase btwn NBME 12 (in the middle of DIT) and NBME 11 (last week). From 221 to 235. Just trying to nail down some of those nit picky sections over the weekend now. But to be fair my first pass was fairly light because it was over the course of the second semester.

3rd pass took 15 days. That's doing DIT in 15 days.

Last edited:
Do you include the day before the test as your last day or that like a non-study day? I still haven't figured out what the best way to handle the day before the real thing is. I think ideally it'd be laid back, but I'm thinking it's gonna be more like finishing up my 3rd pass..