How long do I need to study?!? I'm semi-freaking out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking Step 1 on April 24th, and I plan to start studying here in a week or so.

I've done well so far in my classes, right around average I would say. There are some people in my class who started studying months ago for Step 1, when we are all taking it in April. If I start in a week, I"ll have 11-12 weeks of studying. Is that too short??

Members don't see this ad.

The more I learn from people who already taken it, AND did well, the less I am "freaking out" about hardcore Step I preparation right now. I watch people doing questions, reading Goljan, etc. during module lectures. This was making me anxious, but now I know to ignore it.
I'm just going to focus on these last two modules (6 weeks), but read FA as I do them. I am about to buy the Kaplan Qbank and start it, and save the USMLEWorld bank until the last module is done.

The main thing I am worried about if I do too much Step I stuff during these last two modules, I'll burn out when it's time for those 12-15 hours days in March and April.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just started on usmlerx qbank. It's hard as hell, how do people MANAGE to cram all this stuff in 4-6 weeks?!?! I'm taking mine late June and freaking out already.:(