How long do the DAT scores "hold over"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crazybean17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I want to take the DAT this upcoming August and I don't want to apply until next May. Can someone please tell me if I can actually do that?
Thanks all!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You can. Most schools with take scores for at least 2 years. But if I were you I would atleast wait untill I apply to take the DAT.

Thank you for the answer, its just that I am doing DAT prep now and when I started I thought I was going to take the DAT and apply right away. I am now finding that I will not be graduating college for another year and a half to two years (for personal reasons). Does it look bad if I take the DAT too soon prior to applying?

It differs between colleges. Some dental schools accept DAT scores as old as 3 years and some no more than 2 years old. your best bet is to call the schools you are interested in applying and ask them to get an accurate answer.
does it look bad? no. just make sure they dont expire before you have a chance to apply.