How long does it take for Goucher/JHU applications to be processed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Esel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just sent in my applications to Goucher and JHU, and the recommendations will probably be in by the end of next week. How long will I have to wait before I hear back from them? Also, if you were offered an interview at either one of these schools, when and how was it scheduled?

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent in my applications to Goucher and JHU, and the recommendations will probably be in by the end of next week. How long will I have to wait before I hear back from them? Also, if you were offered an interview at either one of these schools, when and how was it scheduled?

I'd say that, on average, Goucher takes about 2 weeks to process applications but can take as much as 5+, depending on the time of year. (If you apply close to winter break, for example, the admissions committee might not be meeting. Or if you're insanely eager and submit in early August. Hypothetically speaking, of course. :kof:) The fact that you're submitting close to Thanksgiving may mean you'll have to wait a bit longer than two weeks before you hear back.

I was contacted by phone to set up my Goucher interview. I think the interview took place 2-3 weeks after the phone call. (Does that answer the 'when' part of your question? I wasn't sure what you were looking for there.)

Hopkins acknowledged the completeness of my app a few days after I submitted it in early Sept; offered an interview (by e-mail) about a week after that; scheduled the interview for a week after that; and made an offer of admission (via phone call) a week after that. Concerning the interview dates, they offered a couple of dates, but said if those dates didn't work for me, I could suggest something else.

Goucher took about a week to acknowledge (by e-mail) the completeness of my app which was submitted in early Sept, and another week to offer an interview, which was scheduled about 4-5 weeks after that (just missed the Sept interview dates). The interview dates seemed to be clustered near the end of months.

Things might proceed a little more slowly now.

Thank you! That's just what I was looking for.