How long does it take for LoR to be in AMCAS?

Afford

5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I would ask them to send it again. Even though it might arrive tomorrow, you don't have the luxury of waiting b/c you are really late applying for this cycle.

Jul 8, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Whether it will negatively impact your application depends on the schools you applied to. Some will not review your application until it is "complete," meaning secondary submitted, fee paid, and LORs in. Others only require a certain number of LORs to be in before they review it. Likely, this will further delay your application being reviewed, which is far from ideal.
See if there's anyway to get the letters uploaded electronically, as that is much faster and doesn't depend on the USPS.

About the Ads

Afford

5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Yeah I just asked my school to send them again today. This letter was the only one that was abnormally late due to system glitches according to my school. The other letters and apps were in since a month ago...

Yeah. It's probably lost if it hasn't been in for a month. Also, I thought 3 letters or 4 letters is the minimum for schools. Hopefully, your schools started to review your application without that letter.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads