How long does it take for med schools to process LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my school sent my LORs last week and I am wondering how long I should expect to wait until I contact schools on seeing if my application is complete? Is 2 weeks from the date my school sent out the recommendations long enough? I know that there is alot of waiting but I'd like to know all my materials are in to all the med schools by mid-Sept.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, let's put it this way: I sent out my letters on 8/24. The next day, one of my schools had received them and updated my status page. It is now 9/2, and a few more have acknowledged receipt, but two or three still say that they don't have them. I think that it takes most schools a few days just to realize that they have them, and maybe another few to update your status. I personally am going to wait about 2 weeks, and then start calling the schools that still "don't have them" the day after labor day. Be patient, give it a while, but be persistent and push things through if you have to.

It can take a long time, sometimes several weeks (especially for the CA schools).