how long does it take for your DAT scores to go to schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

'11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if anyone knows how long it exactly takes for DAT scores to get to each schools admission office,, can you PM me or reply here
thank you
PS do you know about CA schools specifically...??

Members don't see this ad.

[QUOTE='11]if anyone knows how long it exactly takes for DAT scores to get to each schools admission office,, can you PM me or reply here
thank you
PS do you know about CA schools specifically...??[/QUOTE]

a business day or two

i took my DAT on July 17th and had requested for the scores to be sent out to my schools immediately, but apparently some schools are telling me that they still have not received my scores. I called ADA and they said they already sent the scores out like a week ago. I'm confused, why does it take so long to sent out a score report!?

also, shouldn't my Transcripts be sent out by AADSAS to each school if AADSAS has already received my scores?!

there's really honestly no need for them to take so long to do everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
It takes 2-3 weeks for the ADA to process your scores and send them out. Then it takes however long the school takes to process the scores and put it in your application file.

3 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes, and 29 secs :thumbup:

so there is no official date
it is more of your luck i guess :laugh:

I took my DAT on July 21st and my scores were sent out 12 days later on August 2nd

hmm....weird. mine were sent super duper fast!! of course i took the test late sept. of last year. so i dont know why the huge discrepencies between score travel times.

SundevilDMD said:
I took my DAT on July 21st and my scores were sent out 12 days later on August 2nd

Where do you find this information out? Is there somewhere to look at this online or do you call the ADA?

I took my DAT on August 7th...

burton117 said:
Where do you find this information out? Is there somewhere to look at this online or do you call the ADA?

Wondering the same thing.....took mine Aug 11th

call the DAT people or go back to the website under FAQs. They say up to 3 weeks.

log into aadsas and click on my application. on the right hand there's a column ot menu items under the heading "my application status". Choose Official DAT scores or "dental school designation".