How long does it take to finish Dr collins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newtothisPharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the self study guide

lets say 6-7 hours a day, how fast can it get done and is it enough?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is a question that you need to be asking yourself. The statement "Finishing Collins' packet" is ambiguous in itself as it depends on numerous factors such as, how many times are you going to attempt the practice tests, how extensive is your prior knowledge for each individual subtest prior to beginning, ect. Like many others on the forum have stated, I'll go ahead and say it myself, if you are expecting Collin's to teach you all the material, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. That being said, if you are devoting 6-7 SERIOUS hours of intensive studying daily and you're not say, starting entirely from scratch, you should be in decent shape by july/sept.

I too just ordered dr. collins and will be studying 5 hours a day...i have summer courses too. i will let you know how this goes....dont think i need to teach myself the info because these subjects are current....good luck!

If you're looking to get "it done fast," you're doing yourself a major disservice.

Studying for the PCAT is MUCH more about learning your weaknesses and fixing them versus finishing a study guide quickly. Personally, I would take a few practice exams, see how you perform and focus on improving your skill set for the concepts with which you are struggling.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got my dr. collins and i understand what you mean now about focusing on my weaknessess its just too much to go through! i took a quick look at it and i am gonna take the tests to assess the damage and focus on the areas i dont do well......looks really comprehensive....i have all current science and math texts to refer to.....should i just review the sections in my texts that i am weak in order to be familiar the material?

just got my dr. collins and i understand what you mean now about focusing on my weaknessess its just too much to go through! i took a quick look at it and i am gonna take the tests to assess the damage and focus on the areas i dont do well......looks really comprehensive....i have all current science and math texts to refer to.....should i just review the sections in my texts that i am weak in order to be familiar the material?

When I received the packet, I took all of the practice examinations over a 2 week period, marking off the questions that I missed. I looked at the question, thought if it was a silly mistake or was it a mistake where I didn't understand the concept. If it was Option B, I reviewed the material in my textbooks, and retook the examination a few weeks later. I truly believe that it helped me out quite a bit because I didn't waste time reviewing stuff that I knew cold.