how long does it take to get a cna certificate?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ejay286, May 12, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member

Pre-Medical
    is this somthin i could do over the summer?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PlayMeSomeMusic

PlayMeSomeMusic Always waiting...
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    I did. the junior college by me offers it during the summer. although had I known they off phelobitmist also during the summer but goes longer almost into fall. I would have done that.

4. ejay286

ejay286 Member

Pre-Medical
    how long did the program take?

5. PlayMeSomeMusic

PlayMeSomeMusic Always waiting...
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    about 2 months. I think june to the first week of august. we had 2 weeks of 8am-5pm clinicals the last two weeks and then a state exam. every state requires different minimums for clinicals so you'd have to check. I'm in illinois btw.

6. ChePibe

Medical Student
    The program takes about 2 months to complete and judging by Playme...'s post it is pretty similar regardless of state, I'm in FL. However, be sure to sign up for the state exam as soon as you can because it can take a couple of months before you actually sit for it. In my case, it took two months from app to exam date. You can sign up for the course at a vocational or technical institute near you. Check your local high schools to find out more.
    In retrospect, the experience was invaluable however, be prepared to do some pretty humbling work. If you do have the resilience and stomach to handle the work I would definitely suggest doing phleb instead of cna.
    Hope this helps.