How long does it take to get an Age/Grade waiver?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

73BARMYPgsp

Post Doc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK-

I know 99% of those posting on the "Military Medicine" forum are MD's, so please don't be too mean. The psychology forum is worthless for this kind of thing.

I am a 3rd Year PhD, and I applied for HPSP. The board was 17-20JAN. I am prior service (4 years active duty+ currently National guard). I THINK I was selected, but even that is cloudy.

The penultimate in the string of ambiguous, barely trickling out, slow, frustrating information is that I was selected, but that I needed an Age/Grade waiver. (I am 35).

That was about 3 weeks ago. Apparently, the Army carefully controls the CPIP program (the clinical psychology internships available) by making sure there are exaclty the same amount of HPSP students as available internships.

Then, I was told that the age/grade waiver was approved and that it still "looks good." (Which is VERY odd, considering she called to congratulate me and be the first call me "lieutenant" already) Supposedly the Senate has to approve my ascention to officer.

How the hell long does this proccess take?

Scott.

Members don't see this ad.

If they told you you were accepted, then it's probably true. It is also true that the senate has to approve it, but it's really a rubber stamp. However, since they don't get anything done in Washington already, it's just a waiting game. Since you're prior, you shouldn't be surprised by this, how long does it take to get seperation orders? All I can say is be patient and good luck.

You are right about knowing how slow things go. I have been in 6 years. However, I just can't shake the feeling that this is a "I am a new recruiter, and I have never done this before so please hold me by the hand and make me do my job right" situation.

She has bungled every part of it, since the beggining. There are other applicants that have already been sworn in, so I am very nervous. It is my career, after all.

But, I will press on, keep calling every other day, being polite.