1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How long Does it take to get through 1 SN2 day?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Gandy741, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Gandyy

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm just wondering because its quite random for me, but it takes me at least 6 hours of hardcore studying to read the chapter, do the passages, and do verbal for the day.

Also for the Re-Read all chapter days.... how do you re-read an entire week's chapters out of that book in a day?!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. justadream

7+ Year Member

It depends on how familiar you are with the material.

Also, some chapters (e.g., some of the later Organic chapters) are so long compared to some of the physics chapters.

For me, probably about 2 hours to read, 1.5-2 hours to do the questions.

Re-read days are hard. I tried to get ahead (read 1-2 chapters the day before).

4. wuhsabee

wuhsabee BEARS. BEETS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Wow, 2 hours to read is pretty fast! Do you take notes, too?

5. justadream

7+ Year Member

@wuhsabee

That's an average and accounts for random breaks (when I look up from my book) when I get tired.

I only take notes on stuff I don't know. For some chapters, I just wrote down the relevant formulas. For bio, I would take notes on random stuff I didn't know. Those chapters might take 4+ hours (I used TPR for Bio).

For TBR physics, I usually finished each chapter in 30-45 minutes. TBR Ochem (especially the second half) take me the full 2 hours.

Edit: And no, I'm not a naturally fast reader. It takes me 3+ minutes to read a verbal passage thoroughly.

6. Gandyy

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ah I see, what about others?

7. tcon91

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)

I completed the content review for the Sn2 study schedule. This is pretty normal. It took me more or less 6 hours a day depending on how fluent I was with the material for that day. I know some people can bang it out in only a few hours but everyone's different.

8. tcon91

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    For re-read days, I only looked over concepts that troubled me. You don't need to kill a day re-reading something if you already know it (just be honest with yourself, if you really don't know something make sure you do look it over). Use your time wisely.

9. Gandyy

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ah ok, thanks for input