Quantcast

How long does it take you to finish your materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MowgliR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
How many hours does it take you to go through your books and other materials? I'm giving myself about 3 months(7-8ish hours a day) to study with the exception of PAT. I plan on taking DAT August 2010.

I know some people will say that it is worthless to study a little early, but im learning now, reviewing when the time comes.

I bought CDP a couple days ago, learning it now, and then working on timing come Study Months. I don't want to buy too many materials and not use them vice versa.

Materials I'm interested in purchasing:

-CDP (already have)
-TopScore
-Achiever
-DAT & Math Destroyer
-Cliff's AP Biology
-Gen Bio Textbook - Campbell (already have) - taking this year
-Gen Chem Textbook - McMurry (already have)
-OChem Textbook - Bruice (already have) - taking this year
-ACS Gen Chem & OChem
-Kaplan Course (In-Person)

What are some good QR materials?
What are some good RC Materials?
Is Organic Odyssey too much? (time-wise and content-wise)

Any other recommended materials?

Last edited:

DawitGoshime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You got most of the must have materials. For QR it is god to have Math Destroyer.

For bio, if you have Campbell, try to have the CD and work on the online testes. I did those questions and I pulled 23 in ma bio. They are pretty good.

Good luck

JSingh

Reaction score
Thats a pretty solid list of materials...thats about all I used to study for mine excluding Top Score.

For RC, I just used Kaplan and Achiever practice tests and did pretty well. Its hard to actually study for RC. The key is to get a routine going and practice it. Kaplan suggests reading scholarly articles and such. Since you have the time, you might as well give that a shot.

MowgliR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You got most of the must have materials. For QR it is god to have Math Destroyer.

For bio, if you have Campbell, try to have the CD and work on the online testes. I did those questions and I pulled 23 in ma bio. They are pretty good.

Good luck

Are you talking about MasteringBiology?

I have Campbell's biology - 8th
For GChem I have McMurry - 5th (with study guide & answers)
For OChem I have Bruice - 5th (with study guide and answers)

My gen bio class doesnt require us to have the study guide & answers for Campbell's, should I purchase it or is it not that necessary for bio?

MowgliR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thats a pretty solid list of materials...thats about all I used to study for mine excluding Top Score.

For RC, I just used Kaplan and Achiever practice tests and did pretty well. Its hard to actually study for RC. The key is to get a routine going and practice it. Kaplan suggests reading scholarly articles and such. Since you have the time, you might as well give that a shot.

How long did it take you to study?

vlct0ria

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It only took me two weeks (about 8 hrs/day) to go through all of Kaplan Blue book, half of Destroyer, all of Cliffs AP Bio (twice), CDP- 8 of 10 tests, 2 Topscore practice tests, and making orgo flashcards.

Three months will be MORE than enough time for you to do everything...just don't do what I did and slack off from the start just because you know you have a lot of time.

DawitGoshime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about MasteringBiology?

I have Campbell's biology - 8th
For GChem I have McMurry - 5th (with study guide & answers)
For OChem I have Bruice - 5th (with study guide and answers)

My gen bio class doesnt require us to have the study guide & answers for Campbell's, should I purchase it or is it not that necessary for bio?

Here how it is, if you have access code to the Campbell, they have tests after each chapter with good explanation and details. I bought th access code just for 30 bucks. It was really helpful.

Good luck

MowgliR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here how it is, if you have access code to the Campbell, they have tests after each chapter with good explanation and details. I bought th access code just for 30 bucks. It was really helpful.

Good luck

Thanks so much. It's $35 but im actually going to purchase it because itll help me for my bio since i take it this year anyways.