How long does SLU take to get back to you... and OMG Ron Artest wants to be traded?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed with SLU on 11/15, have any of you guys who interviewed around then heard back from them? How long does it take?

And I think I'm about to lose it right now. I can't believe Ron Artest is asking to get traded. While Indiana did play amazingly well on both ends of the floor the last couple games without him, this would still be an enormous blow to the team's defense! According to the articles, he finds Indiana's offense to be too restrictive for him. What it comes down to simply is that he wants an opportunity to be the focus of the offense so that he'll get a big contract later on. That bastard! Have faith in Larry Bird in Donnie Walsh, though. They've always made great decisions in the past. For example, they traded Dale Davis to get Jermaine O'neal. They also traded Jalen Rose and Travis Best to get Ron Artest and Brad Miller. I just hope they know what they're doing this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

I Interviewed 11/9 and haven't heard anything. I have a feeling we won't hear anything until after Christmas.

paceac said:
I Interviewed 11/9 and haven't heard anything. I have a feeling we won't hear anything until after Christmas.

artest for Peja....pacers would be gettin raped...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/15, accepted 12/2 (via e-mail)

Does anyone know what SLU is talking about with that whole submitting a credit report thing? Do they obtain a credit report for you or do you go get it yourself and then forward it?

I called the financial aid office, and they said they DON'T want a copy of your credit report; the report is for YOURSELF. They recommend you get one and take a gander at your credit rating, just to be sure everything is on the up-and-up. If you've got bad credit, it's better to find out right now and do something about it while you still can. If your credit is still shady by August 2006, the financial aid office may have trouble getting you the loans/grants you need, and then you will be one sad student.

As for hearing back post-interview, it is usually 4-6 weeks, for the last time! I heard back a little bit more than 5 weeks after my interview by e-mail. Have some patience! It is the holiday season though, so that may affect the schedule slightly.

Btw, what happened to the 2006 SLU Central thread? Let's try to keep all SLU-related stuff on that thread so information will be easier to find!

I interviewed on 10/4 and was accepted on 12/2 if that helps at all. I called to check on my status that morning and they told me over the phone, got the email later that day.

Hi,
Interviewed 10/26, accepted 11/9. The lady I interviewed with said it depended a lot on how fast your interviewer writes up their interview report.

paceac said:

Whoops. I interviewed 11/19 not the 9th. Did any of you who were accepted interview with Dr. Furman? I am just kind of wondering how long on average it takes people who interviewed with her to hear something.

Thanks for the info, Messerschmitts. Their attachment to the acceptance e-mail was very confusing. It seems to imply we're supposed to obtain a credit report and then forward it to them. Glad we don't have to mess around with that.