How long does tailoring take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Picklesali

M2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like I need to get my jacket tailored...a lot. And I need it by Thursday. DO you think it can be done? +pity+

(I know, I should ask the tailor - but they don't open until 10...)

Members don't see this ad.

Like I need to get my jacket tailored...a lot. And I need it by Thursday. DO you think it can be done? +pity+

(I know, I should ask the tailor - but they don't open until 10...)

Maybe, but it might be pretty expensive to get that much tailoring (unless it's just hemming the sleeves or something) in only a couple of days.

How bad is your jacket?

you may just want to buy a new jacket....i know that would suck but you could drop a lot of money on extensive tailoring. plus if you look good, it will help you feel more confident.

Members don't see this ad :)
It usually takes a few days to a week. If you are willing to pay, they can work with whatever time line you need.

i gave my tailor a whole suit on a friday and i needed it by tuesday. that gave them 2.5 work days to do it. (half of friday, all saturday, all monday) it also needed a lot of work because i am petite and i was swimming in even the smallest size suit. they had it no problem and i didn't pay extra (just the normal ridiculous amount for fixing it so much lol) you should be ok if you head to a tailor today, but def mention the time crunch

Explain your situation and they'll probably rush your order. Try for a family run place, as they are more likely to do this. My suit was tailored by a little Italian guy who said "come back tomorrow and it will be done."

do you know of any friends or relatives that could help you out?

My granny tailored my pants for me, and I got them back the same day and didn't pay a cent.

yeah ask your family members if they know anyone. my prom dress a few years ago was a very big poofy cinderella looking dress. since i'm rather short it had to be shortened but couldn't be done from the bottom due to a very intricate design along the bottom. she had to take all 8 layers apart at the waist, shorten it there, and put it back together.

$20 and two days later I had my dress back.