How long does the academic update take/do psych classes count towards sGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isittoolate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am submitted my academic update on 12/20 and was hoping that my academic update would go through ASAP. Did anyone submit at a similar time or earlier? How long did it take for aadsas to process your academic update?

Also, I am thinking about adding a psych class in the spring to further improve upon my GPA, but I would have to drop my ceramics class. Do schools really care about dexterity? Or would it be more advantageous to improve upon my science GPA? oGPA is 3.50, sGPA is much lower at 3.31...I haven't gotten lower than an A- in an upper division science since I retook organic chemistry to get an A in both semesters.

Members don't see this ad.

4-6 weeks for the update to show.

No, science counts bio, chem, phys, and math. Psych is not included in this. If you want to improve your science GPA then take any of the aforementioned subjects. Dental schools do like dexterity, and a psych course will count the same as a ceramics course in terms of GPA. Do note that i believe a few schools require psych and several strongly recommend it. Good luck to you.

some psych class do count. check aadsas, they have a worksheet detailing which ones. mainly cognition and neuropsych classes

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why math would count, but not psychology. Seems weird to me.

some psych class do count. check aadsas, they have a worksheet detailing which ones. mainly cognition and neuropsych classes
The psych department at my school offers a sensation and perception class...does that seem like it would fit under brain and behavior?

And I know it says 4-6 weeks for processing, but I was wondering if it has actually taken that long for people's academic updates to go through. Has anybody successfully submitted their academic update this cycle?