How long does the decision to offer interview take after the app is complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audeo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My applications have been complete for 2 weeks now and I am beginning to be anxious. It would be great to have feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

it's too early to be anxious!!! you may be offered an interview anytime between now and may--or never! not everyone is offered an interview the first time their app is looked at, so there is no pre-set formula regarding how long it takes. besides, how often the admissions committee meets varies from school to school. since the interviewing season is just beginning, you'll never make it until next spring if you start to worry now. just kick back and be happy that your secondaries are done.

Most schools are pretty slow. When I sent in my GWU application, they first sent me a postcard that said they received my application but it was not necessarily complete and that it would take up to 12 weeks to receive that postcard. I just received the second postcard yesterday, and I submitted it 8/29. Most schools say you should sit tight for about 6 weeks to even hear that they got your application. So I wouldn't be expecting interviews until late fall or even early next year, considering the circumstances. If you sent yours in 2 weeks ago, they might not have even opened it yet - I'm sure you'll hear in the near future, just not so near! :)

I just discovered on the website that I got MSTP interview from Duke. This is my second interview after Vandy. I am feeling much better now. Really thank you for your responses.