How long does Tufts take to respond post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raminanx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So my interview at Tufts is February 4th. I am curious how long it took for most of you to hear back from them, post-interview. Any information would be great :). I didn't do to well on the DAT (18 AA), but excelled with a 3.94 in my Post-Bacc program, have worked as a Dental Assistant for 3 years, had 4 exceptional LOE (one from one of the best Periodontist in the nation), and most importantly, my sister was Tufts class of 2000. I didn't think I have any shot at an interview. This is my first and, as of now, only interview. One user gave me great feedback from their interview couple weeks ago but if any of you have any advice regarding Tufts, that would be great. Thank you.

Best

Members don't see this ad.

what qualifies someone as "the best Periodontist in the nation."

They will let everyone know at the same time, regardless of qualifications. For me, it was a week and a half?

Members don't see this ad :)
what qualifies someone as "the best Periodontist in the nation."
Not that it matters Jiho, but he is a Professor at Harvard and is a Diplomat of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the American Academy of Periodontology and has selected him as one of "America’s Top Dentists” by the consumers’ Research Council of America in 2009, 2010,2011,2012,2013. Furthermore, he earned numerous honors and fellowships by prestigious societies in North America.
His specialized interest comprise soft tissue reconstructive plastic surgery, cosmetic soft tissue management, smile line enhancement techniques, surgical placement of dental implants, bone grafting procedures, exposure of impacted wisdom teeth and oral surgery.
(D.M.D, C.A.G.S, M.I.P.S, F.I.C.D)

My friend was accepted there literally not more than 18 hours after she interviewed...

Reactions: 1 user
i will be interviewing this coming feb as well...i have to call the school and pick the date. They gave me feb 9,10, and 12. for anyone who interviewed at tufts please..any advice would be greatly appreciated!! thanks everyone!! :)

Hey everyone. So my interview at Tufts is February 4th. I am curious how long it took for most of you to hear back from them, post-interview. Any information would be great :). I didn't do to well on the DAT (18 AA), but excelled with a 3.94 in my Post-Bacc program, have worked as a Dental Assistant for 3 years, had 4 exceptional LOE (one from one of the best Periodontist in the nation), and most importantly, my sister was Tufts class of 2000. I didn't think I have any shot at an interview. This is my first and, as of now, only interview. One user gave me great feedback from their interview couple weeks ago but if any of you have any advice regarding Tufts, that would be great. Thank you.

Best
They committee meets twice a month to make decisions.

My friend just got accepted to Tufts Dental. She interviewed on a Monday and was accepted on that Friday at 11am.

Tufts was the most laid back interview I had! The interview was more of a conversation and you will either have a D4 student and faculty OR just a D4 student interview you. The only formal question I was asked was except for 'How do you handle stress?'

Also, I think that they give out 6 interview dates at a time before they have a committee meeting and make a decision. This is just what I gathered from my experience! For the people that interviewed on dates between January 5th-January 15th, we were told that the admissions committee would meet on Thursday the 15th and we would hear back on Friday the 16th. I was emailed around 11am with their decision! I hope this helps, good luck to you :highfive:

Reactions: 1 users