How long for AMCAS to verify?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CstatePride

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Silly question but I would appreciate a response. I submitted my application on 7/2 and my application is "ready to be reviewed". How long does it usually take before my application will be verified?

Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS states that it usually takes ~4-6 weeks for verification to go through, but looking at the verification trend right now here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-2015-verification-thread.1076112/ I would say you're looking at 3-4 weeks from the time of submission.

You can check out this post too to see it in graphical form:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/amcas-verification-times-2014-2015.1082294/

The graph updates as more information is posted.

Good luck on this cycle!

It depends on if you applied ED or RD. Also depends on how fast the line goes. They should say what day they are on. Every time though I have been verified before one would think I should have been.

Like right now it says

"AMCAS is currently processing applications that reached "Ready for Review" status on June 18, 2014."

I was labeled as ready for review on June 18, I've been verified for over a week back when it said it was only up to June 12. I am RD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the answers to both of you. That is very helpful. Am I considered to have applied early to MD if my application was submitted July 2nd? I am finally finished with my DO application as well and will be sending that in today. Is July 10th considered early for DO?

Thanks for the answers to both of you. That is very helpful. Am I considered to have applied early to MD if my application was submitted July 2nd? I am finally finished with my DO application as well and will be sending that in today. Is July 10th considered early for DO?

yes relatively early for DO. but all that matters is when you are complete

You are still relatively early for MD.

Just confirming but its "verified" when AAMC sends you back your transcripts finished and says your application has been sent to your schools for review right?

EDIT: Or when it is "Processed and made available to schools"?