How Long for DAT scores to arrive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mazaag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT on August 11th. Boston U sent me an email upon reciept of my application saying it takes them two days from test day to recieve it as they "download" scores from ADA regularly. On the other end, Maryland Admissions told me it takes them 4-6 weeks!!! They requested that I send them my unofficial DAT scores by fax.
I'm getting anxious over here...all my applications are complete and whats missing for my file to be reviewed is simply my DAT scores.
Anyone has more info or on the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

I took my DAT on August 11th. Boston U sent me an email upon reciept of my application saying it takes them two days from test day to recieve it as they "download" scores from ADA regularly. On the other end, Maryland Admissions told me it takes them 4-6 weeks!!! They requested that I send them my unofficial DAT scores by fax.
I'm getting anxious over here...all my applications are complete and whats missing for my file to be reviewed is simply my DAT scores.
Anyone has more info or on the same boat?

If the school allows you to fax your score to them, by all means do it, as to expedite the processing of your application. Otherwise, it'll probably take the the length of time as indicated by the school.

i am in the same boat. i took my DAT yesterday and am planning to fax out my unofficial report to umaryland, nyu, tufts. none of the other schools i applied to take faxed reports, so i guess i will just have to wait it out. i hope it doesn't take too long... :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
i am in the same boat. i took my DAT yesterday and am planning to fax out my unofficial report to umaryland, nyu, tufts. none of the other schools i applied to take faxed reports, so i guess i will just have to wait it out. i hope it doesn't take too long... :xf:

Which schools said they don't accept unofficial faxed scores?

I'm a bit worried about NYU. I have taken my DAT on July 23rd and still says that they still haven't received my DAT scores.... I have completed everything and it's making me nervous....

I thought schools can simply download DAT scores from ADA. I don't get why it would take 4-6 weeks....

do you have to ask the schools if you can send them a copy of your unofficial report or do the schools ask you to send it to them?

i'm also worried because i took my dat july 29 but nyu status still says waiting for additional info...

do you have to ask the schools if you can send them a copy of your unofficial report or do the schools ask you to send it to them?

i'm also worried because i took my dat july 29 but nyu status still says waiting for additional info...

well some schools specifically says not to send unofficial score like UCSF, UCLA, Western, and etc.

NYU actually ask you to send unofficial scores if you have it available.

I think that you should call each school and ask and let us know also.

DAMN! That long? I thought it only takes 2-3 weeks! Good to know NYU accepts faxes of unofficial scores as well. I guess this means it won't be before beginning of Sept when they recieve my scores! Kind of annoying to be moved into a category of a later rather than earlier applicant because of your DAT scores..oh well!