• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jun 21, 2011
Status
How long doees it take for schools to mark you complete once you submit the application and assign the LOR's?

Please help

Thanks

patineurMD

white skates + white coat
Dec 20, 2010
Status
Medical Student
If it's via snail mail, it can take several weeks.

If they use the AMCAS letter writer app, it usually goes live within one-two business days.

K

kpcrew

Some of mine were complete the day after amcas received my letters through virtualevals but i'm still having the "complete" emails trickling in.

About the Ads

sector9

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
How long doees it take for schools to mark you complete once you submit the application and assign the LOR's?

Please help

Thanks
It depends on how often the school downloads information from AMCAS. If it's been more than a week and a half, I'd call the school or check out the school specific thread to find out if others are having the same problem

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
The Ether
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Most schools need your letters to give you a secondary and mark you complete.

Others like GWU do not.

Some schools like Wayne State only ask for letters after your secondary.

The schools have to manually download the letters themselves from AMCAS. So as long as they are available to the letter writer service, the school will get them when they get them.

About the Ads