1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

how long for new DATs to get to schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EAK27, Oct 8, 2002.

1. EAK27

EAK27 Member
    7+ Year Member

How long do you think it would take for new DAT scores to get to schools?? It would make sense to think that since they are done on a computer they are uploaded automatically to the mainframe, and then sent to schools. I read that it takes 2-3 weeks, seems too long in the age of computers. Any insight???

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bres

bres Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it will take 2-3 weeks to get to school and extra one week for them to put it in your file and update, at most.

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    EAK,

The schools receive paper copies of your DAT scores, although the electronic copies are made available to them. 14 days is a safe bet!

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I took my DAT's September 16th and schools just put them in my file and now my files are under review at Columbia and Case. I would say 3 weeks (2 weeks for them to be delivered and 1 week for them to be processed) is a safe bet.

DesiDentist