how long for scores to get sent to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoaaitzkyle

go bears!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my test date is on July 9th...excited about that one. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you knew how long it takes for your score reports to get to the dental schools? I plan on submitting my application as soon as my spring '07 transcripts are available (June 7) which is unfortunately the earliest my school releases our grades. Any help would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, my test date is on July 9th...excited about that one. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you knew how long it takes for your score reports to get to the dental schools? I plan on submitting my application as soon as my spring '07 transcripts are available (June 7) which is unfortunately the earliest my school releases our grades. Any help would be great, thanks!

First off, Welcome!
Second, don't wait until your transcripts are available to send your application. AADSAS won't process your app without the transcript so waiting doesn't do anything except make it more stressful to complete everything in one day. Go ahead and send your application and fees and then request your transcripts be seen ASAP when available.
Third, I believe the ADA says, "Official results will be sent directly to dental schools approximately 3–4 weeks after the test." So, I would check with the schools you are applying to 4-5 weeks after you take the DAT. It will take a few days (maybe longer depending how many apps they are dealing with at the time) after they send the DAT to the schools for the schools to have them added to your file. You'll find the AADSAS application format is a "hurry up and wait" kind of program.

I talked CINDY at the ADA, really cool lady. She said that if you have the test taken by now your school goes out THIS WED JUNE 6, 2007. Schools get an electronic copy on that date and they send out a hard copy through snail mail...

Hope that helps

Get your AADSAS done now or plan on joining dental school in 2009...

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the replies everyone,

What I really meant to say was since my test day is early July, would I still be considered relatively early? I know as of June 1 AADSAS sends apps to schools so I won't be really early but I got the impression from reading several threads that if I can get my app in by end of July I'd still be considered an early applicant. It is possible to move my DAT date up a week...do you think I'd still have a good chance?

I attend UC Berkeley, my GPA isn't very high (but who ever has one at that dang school), lots of extracurriculars, good letters of recs, and have a dental experience as well as am certified in surgical assisting and have all the other basic life support goodies. I know applying early is key, but what are your guys views on when my tentative date would be? I'm going to send my app in tomorrow, letters should come in within the next couple weeks and I'd just be waiting on my DAT scores after I take it early July. Thanks for the help everyone!:)