Program-Specific Info / Q's How long has Cox College been in the accreditation process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterOf.Science.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On their website, it says that their OT program is expected to be accredited in 2017. I've seen posts on here from several years ago though saying that they are in the accreditation process since like..2007 or something crazy.

My family doesn't want me to apply there because of their lack of accreditation.

Members don't see this ad.

Not 100 percent on this but they will probably get full accreditation once they graduate a class. I am not sure they have done this yet.

Email AOTA and they will answer you the same day about repercussions if the program goes bad or whatever while you were attending it. I doubt it would but you never know.

I'm a part of the 1st cohort at Cox College. They haven't been in an accreditation process since 2007... There should be no hesitation in applying to Cox College. We will be accredited. It's a great school and we have fantastic professors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a part of the 1st cohort at Cox College. They haven't been in an accreditation process since 2007... There should be no hesitation in applying to Cox College. We will be accredited. It's a great school and we have fantastic professors.
I'm really thinking about applying. My gpa isn't the best- 3.16, but I am determined to learn and am convinced this is the profession is me. Is there anything else you think I should know about the college? My grandparents have agreed to pay for my first year and they are hesitant about Cox since it isn't accredited. They are worried I'll spend 3 years of my time and a lot of money, only for it not to get accredited.

On their website, it says that their OT program is expected to be accredited in 2017. I've seen posts on here from several years ago though saying that they are in the accreditation process since like..2007 or something crazy.

My family doesn't want me to apply there because of their lack of accreditation.
They were denied pre accreditation status. I don't know what happens now. It's on AOTA website under developing programs.

I'm really thinking about applying. My gpa isn't the best- 3.16, but I am determined to learn and am convinced this is the profession is me. Is there anything else you think I should know about the college? My grandparents have agreed to pay for my first year and they are hesitant about Cox since it isn't accredited. They are worried I'll spend 3 years of my time and a lot of money, only for it not to get accredited.
It is a lot of time and money. It's not a very good school anyway.

Best advice is to not apply. There's too many programs out there that don't pose as a risk. Play it safe and listen to your family. Schools like this should be a last resort. You can do better.

a lot of other fully accredited lower tier schools you can apply too.