Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

how long have you been trying?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by silver_eyes, Oct 14, 2002.

1. silver_eyes

silver_eyes Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hey guys, just wanted to know how long all of you have been trying to get into med school and where if applicable did u get in, last time.

thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jadeite

Jadeite Thought Puddle
    7+ Year Member

I started applying in the summer of 2000. Haha. Really. Applying for the class of 2001 was silly though - I didn't have any clinical experience and took the august MCATs. (I managed to graduate with my 4 year degree in 3 years) 2002 (I filled out that forth year with another undergrad degree) I got 5 interviews, but my packet was in late due to a mix up with the premed committee.... Also I didn't have as much clinical experience. This year, though, I'm going to make it!

Jade~

It seems like I've been applying forever.

4. silver_eyes

silver_eyes Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    whoa u got 5 interviews and u didnt go to any of the schools? why not?

5. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I applied last year, but after AMCAS lowered my GPA by 0.3 points acidentally, I didn't see the point anymore. Sure, I got tons of secondaries, but so did everyone else. I didn't feel like wasting the money, so I only applied to my state school. Still didn't get in though. In a way, I'm almost glad I didn't go last year, because I'm a hellava lot more prepared for basic sciences since I've continued to take bio classes in the interim.

6. Jadeite

Jadeite Thought Puddle
    7+ Year Member

'

I don't for sure, but I think when you interview in the Jan/March you're mostly competing for wait list spots. It's also possible that I'm a terrible interviewee. :p

And the waitlists I ended up on didn't move. Sigh.

Jade~