How long is the break during PCAT and when?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rougemarie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this board and just found out about it today!!! PCAT is tomorrow and I'm driving 3.5 hours to the test center (naturally, I'll stay overnight there). I know that there's a break midway during the PCAT but does anyone know how long and when, i.e. which part of the PCAT are tested during the first half & second half? Thanks a lot :)

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember right ours was: Verbal, Biology, Reading...20 minute break...Quant, Chem, Essay.

I took mine this morning and it was verbal, biology, comprehension... ten minute break....quantitative, chem, and essay

PharmDeb said:
If I remember right ours was: Verbal, Biology, Reading...20 minute break...Quant, Chem, Essay.

Thanks PharmDeb & EmAtECU!! It was exactly like you said. However on mine, the proctor asked if we wanted a 30 mins break or shorter.. naturally we all wanted shorter break to get it done faster :D

Members don't see this ad :)
We only got a 10 minute break! No options. How many people were there taking the test? We only had 40 people so that might have made the difference.

VERBAL, BIOLOGY, READING Comprehensive -----> 10 MINS BREAK----->Quantitive, CHEMISTRY, and ESSAY

DownonthePharm said:
We only got a 10 minute break! No options. How many people were there taking the test? We only had 40 people so that might have made the difference.

It was I think also around 40 in my area.. we were divided into 2 classrooms, mine has around 24, the other has less than that, so I'd guess about 40.