How long is the CS exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Anybody know?

I am taking it at a site about 1.5 hours away from home. I have a 3PM appointment... but I read the exam is like 9 hours or something?? So I am going to be there until midnight? That doesn't seem reasonable. Anybody who's taken it have some input? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody know?

I am taking it at a site about 1.5 hours away from home. I have a 3PM appointment... but I read the exam is like 9 hours or something?? So I am going to be there until midnight? That doesn't seem reasonable. Anybody who's taken it have some input? Thanks!

drink some coffee...it will be a long evening. you'll probably get done around 11 PM. why is it hard to believe you'll be there until midnight?:rolleyes:

it's too long. I took it at the 3 pm slot and feel I would have been better if I was in the am slot due to fatigue. I was finished at 10:30 pm

drink some coffee...it will be a long evening. you'll probably get done around 11 PM. why is it hard to believe you'll be there until midnight?:rolleyes:
I guess I'm surprised they are running it so far past normal business hours. Medicine runs all kinds of funny hours but standardized-testing companies normally do not. Also I guess the fact that there are AM and PM shifts made me think it would be half a day. Ugh.

(And what's with the rolling eyes, may I ask?)

Members don't see this ad :)
What about if your exam is at 8 AM? What time do you get done?

I guess I'm surprised they are running it so far past normal business hours. Medicine runs all kinds of funny hours but standardized-testing companies normally do not. Also I guess the fact that there are AM and PM shifts made me think it would be half a day. Ugh.

(And what's with the rolling eyes, may I ask?)

it's a money making business. they are making twice the money in the same amount of time by having two sets of exams in the same day. so it should be of no big surprise that they are open way past normal business hours...that's all.

What about if your exam is at 8 AM? What time do you get done?

about 3-4 pm. i got out around 3:15 pm.

Bump for people taking CS this fall. I'm taking it in LA and am wondering if I will be done in time to catch a 6:30 flight if I do the 8 am test.