How long is too long to hear back for an interview after submitting a secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor in da makin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
At what point do you come to grips with the fact that you probably won't get in that cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

OP to answer your question, never unless they officially reject you there's always hope.

Here's what I recommend you do to stay sane.
1. Record the date you were considered complete.
2. Go to this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/official-interview-invite-thread-2016-2017-cycle.1197098/
3. Look up your complete date for each school to see if others with similar dates have already gotten an interview. If you don't see it yet then don't worry. Once you see that you aren't getting any love proceed to step 4.
4. Prepare for next cycle cause there's nothing else you can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
For DO schools if it gets to be after January with no II then I would think about the next cycle

Reactions: 2 users
At what point do you come to grips with the fact that you probably won't get in that cycle?
How long to hear, greater than 1 day and by end of June/July. Until you get the rejection there is always hope, but if you haven't heard anything in a few months the chances are lower . I do know a few people who got the call in May and they had submitted early in the cycle, so it's not impossible. If you do anything (shadowing, courses, publications, volunteering, etc) that would improve your app during the cycle let schools that haven't rejected know via email.

Good luck