How long is/was your USC essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Particularly.

3. What unique, personal qualities and/or life experiences will you bring to the USC School of Pharmacy?

I'm worried my answer may be too long, or maybe I'm not even answering the question appropriately. My response is about 4 long paragraphs.

Members don't see this ad.

i like your quote. I'm going through such a hard time right now with all the transcripts and LORs and essays@!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

btw.....you are applying to USC. Do you have a degree yet? and is your GPA over 3.5? From my experience, it's very hard to get in if you don't meet one or two of those.

Particularly.

3. What unique, personal qualities and/or life experiences will you bring to the USC School of Pharmacy?

I'm worried my answer may be too long, or maybe I'm not even answering the question appropriately. My response is about 4 long paragraphs.

So what got me was that they said that your response be no more than a paragraph, yet you have a total of 2 pages for 3 responses. That would be one long-winded paragraph. But to answer your question, I kept my answers simple. I answered both questions in a paragraph (per their instructions): #2 was about 8 sentences long, #3 about 6 sentences long. My paragraph wasn't this on-and-on story or anything, but I kept it moving and stayed on the topic which I think is important. Now you're scaring me because you wrote a whole essay! Oh well, we'll see what happens! When are you turning it in?

Members don't see this ad :)
So what got me was that they said that your response be no more than a paragraph, yet you have a total of 2 pages for 3 responses. That would be one long-winded paragraph. But to answer your question, I kept my answers simple. I answered both questions in a paragraph (per their instructions): #2 was about 8 sentences long, #3 about 6 sentences long. My paragraph wasn't this on-and-on story or anything, but I kept it moving and stayed on the topic which I think is important. Now you're scaring me because you wrote a whole essay! Oh well, we'll see what happens! When are you turning it in?

AM I BLIND?? Oh no :scared: I'm scared now.. where did it say that your answer should only be a paragraph.

And PharmMnM.. I don't have a degree.. but I will have one by Fall 2007.. and my GPA is a 3.45 (when I applied)

Oh darn.. I'm such a *****.. I see it. gah.. :(

Oh darn.. I'm such a *****.. I see it. gah.. :(

My friend and I were wondering about the whole paragraph thing. We don't think it's a mistake because they had it on last year's app too. And I don't know anyone who applied to USC before because my friends either didn't apply to USC or were TAP students, so no one to ask.

Well, I turned mines in, can't do anything but wait and see. I would definitely turn in your app asap, since they have rolling admissions and an earlier interview is to your benefit. They said that more than half of their applicants turn in their apps in October, so get it in soon!