How long is your average class day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vince

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know how long osteopathic medical students spend, on average, in class each day. I am hoping to get an idea of the average, then you can see where your school stands against the averages. All D.O. MS-I and MS-II students please post. Thanks for your cooperation.

Members don't see this ad.

just posting to put this back to the top of the list......

KCOM has anywhere from 25-29 contact hours per week. Some days, we are in lab until 5 (classes start at 8) and some days, we are out as early as noon. It all depends on the schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I had my interview at NYCOM, the students told us that the first years are in class from 9-3, but the second years are in class from 9-5.

To give everyone a heads up who hasn't voted, and are unable to see the results, etc....here is the breakdown so far...after 37 votes....

40% - 6 Hours
29% - 8 Hours
20% - 7 Hours
11% - 5 Hours

very interesting...the allopathic survey has 5 Hours as the majority, followed by 4 and 6.....seems there are less hours for allopathic students...maybe its the OMM being taught in DO schools...who knows?.....

It might be just the school I attend, or just my personal preferece because I prefer to learn stuff on my own....but I feel I am in class too long....I feel I could be more productive at home, library, etc....

This is why I posted this....thanks everyone for participating and keep voting!... :clap:

and congrats everyone for finishing your first or second year of medical school, wherever you might be...