Medical How long should I realistically expect interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am wondering if I can really expect to continually receive interview invitations through the rest of this year and into early 2021.

My stats: cGPA: 3.86, sGPA: 3.82, MCAT 510. Syracuse U. undergrad. From FL originally.

I have received II from Buffalo, Upstate, Nova (DO), NYIT, and Rocky Vista.

My top schools I have still yet to hear from and so I am wondering how likely I am to still get an interview. Are they more front loaded ? Meaning are most of the interviews within the first month, or is it evenly spread throughout the process?

Schools Im anxiously awaiting a reply are: Tulane, Wake Forest, Tufts, Vermont, Emory.
Still early in the process...

Members don't see this ad.

Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind explaining what you mean by "Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic."?

That those who don’t know the importance of a secondary find them a burden but if you’re optimistic that schools really look at the whole picture and you can write good enough essays they can really enhance your application...?

Nope, not even close.

Most schools will send secondaries out to people with no or little pre-screening. Even to those who have no business setting foot on a medical school campus, like the kids with a 3.1 GPA and 500 MCAT who apply to Harvard thinking "You never know!" or "You miss all the shots you don't take"

That those who don’t know the importance of a secondary find them a burden but if you’re optimistic that schools really look at the whole picture and you can write good enough essays they can really enhance your application...?
You basically want to find the line between "I have a chance, REALISTICALLY" and "I am literally just applying because you miss all the shots you don't take."

This takes you being honest with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.