How long should I study for the PCAT before writing it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neil45

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am entering third year of my BSc (Biology) program, and have completed most of my prerequsites (except Physics) to enter pharmacy school. I also did Organic Chemistry 2, both Microbiology 1 & 2, and Statistics so I think I am in good shape in terms of the material covered in the exam. However, I recently decided to go into pharmacy, and was wondering if the August 23rd date is too late to write? How long did you guys study for the exam before writing it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "write." If you're asking how long one studied prior to taking the PCAT, I rolled the dice and did no study, got lucky and got an 88 or 89 (I can't remember anymore the exact score). With the classes you have, you should do fine. If you're worried about it, review the notes you have prior to taking it. I didn't see any calculus noted, so you should look into getting the idiot's guide to give yourself a crash course in calculus. All I came across was derivatives which aren't that difficult.