How long should it take to finish one TBR book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothing101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
They are ridiculously thick, with teeny tiny writing. It has literally taken me 1 week to finish one chapter.

Members don't see this ad.

They are ridiculously thick, with teeny tiny writing. It has literally taken me 1 week to finish one chapter.
I finished 2 chapters per day. Altogether, it took me about a month to get through all the books. This included doing all the practice questions at the end of the chapters (phases 1-3). The key is to identify the minutiae within the chapters. There’s a ton of info that you don’t need.

Reactions: 1 user
I finished 2 chapters per day. Altogether, it took me about a month to get through all the books. This included doing all the practice questions at the end of the chapters (phases 1-3). The key is to identify the minutiae within the chapters. There’s a ton of info that you don’t need.
All 10 book in one month?

All 10 book in one month?
Only gchem, ochem, physics, and part of bio. Their bio books aren’t very good imo, so I switched over to Kaplan. I don’t recommend them for CARS or psych/soc. Just watch the Khan academy videos and do UWORLD passages for psych/soc, along with aamc stuff. Also, I highly recommend UWORLD passages for all subjects.

While every chapter is different, in general the chapters take about four to eight hours to complete if you review the text portion (skim or read depending on what you need), do any questions in the text, take and throughly review Phase 1, take and throughly review Phase 2, and then take and throughly review Phase 3. The most important part, and it will definitely take time, is to throughly go over every question and analyze how you would best solve it if you ever saw something like it again.

Reactions: 1 user